Tuesday, 2 March 2021

DFI Session 4

 


Today was a great session, lot to take in and learn. Here are some of the takeaways:

Ideas for using google forms:

  • Collating information about students distance learning experiences

  • Writing asttle rubric - attitudes

  • Collating student, staff, whanau feedback


Ideas for using google maps:

  • Pepeha

  • School trip recount

  • Cross Country run

  • Countries we come from

  • Highlight interesting places in your community

  • Exploring expeditions

  • Memories

Barrier: No home addresses - not cybersmart


Google Sheets

Google sheets was a learning curve today. Although, I have used SUM, COUNTALL etc.

I was in the learning pit when it came to conditional formatting. I also learned how to create

dropdown boxes within the conditional formatting. This could come in handy when looking at

data, for example colour coding OTJs. I will be working on this for our new school wide house

points system. As seen below you can also create charts. I created a graph based on our team

blog posts over the last year and a bit. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sam, I love the way you have used the "My Maps" to capture your Pepeha, I think it really helps bring a Pepeha to life! I really enjoyed learning about using "My Maps" google tool it was my first time exploring it and I can already see so many different ways in which I can use it with my learners, thanks to the ideas you have shared on your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam,
    Thanks for the comment on my blog. I like how you summarise each days learning with a image of the tools we used. Cool to see your My Maps Pepeha, I think My Maps are such a cool tool & great to have another tool to use in sharing our identities & histories - such a important part of knowing our learners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ka pai Sam. Looks like you've got lots of ideas for MyMaps and Google Sheets. The form you created looks great. Maybe you could add a space for students to share their ideas about they would like to do during distance learning. Keep going with those Sheets, you'll be able to have some great chats with Santi about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Sam,

    Like the other commenters, I love your My Maps pepeha, remember you can always change the information that pops up when you add a place to your map. It looks like you've got Google's default info for your school.
    See you soon.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete